Translation of hunger in Spanish:
- 1.1 (crave) See examples:to hunger
foro [literary] aftersomething1.2 (be hungry) [archaic]estar sediento dealgo [literary]estar hambrientotener hambreExample sentences
- How many hungered, sickened or died as a result?
- Tell it to all those who hungered and thirsted and prayed and begged for help.
- By analogy, a mother does not love her child because it hungers and cries, even though its crying makes new demands upon her love.
- But humanity hungers for a sense of right and wrong, for some absolute moral values.
- I looked over at Ethan, his eyes on me, a sudden flash of desire in his eyes, I knew he still hungered for me as my lips curled into a smile.
- Aye, he was a kind and strong leader, but he hungered after adventure and ran after it with haste.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In some Andean countries, particularly Chile, onces is a light meal eaten between five and six p.m., the equivalent of "afternoon tea" in Britain. In Colombia, on the other hand, onces is a light snack eaten between breakfast and lunch. It is also known as mediasnueves.