Translation of hunk in Spanish:
- 1.1 (chunk) trozo (masculine), pedazo (masculine) a hunk of bread/meat/cheese un trozo de pan/carne/quesoExample sentences1.2 (man) [colloquial/familiar] monumento (masculine), cachas (masculine) (Spain/España) [colloquial/familiar], churro (masculine) (South America/América del Sur) [colloquial/familiar] who's that gorgeous hunk (of a man)? ¿quién es ese monumento (de hombre)? [colloquial/familiar] he's quite a hunk está buenísimo [colloquial/familiar], está como un tren or como un camión [colloquial/familiar], está muy cachas (Spain/España) [colloquial/familiar]
- By using knives and forks to cut food into smaller pieces, we no longer need a large enough jaw to cram in big hunks of food.
- The blast, not far from diplomatic quarters and the king's main palace, left piles of rubble, hunks of twisted metal, broken glass and a large crater.
- As they turned to face their attacker, they were met with a spread of missiles that sent them flying back in tangled hunks of shrapnel.
- This is a woman whose man-meeting strategy is to go on cruises and toss herself overboard to attract rescue-minded hunks.
- After Jan grows up to be a young hunk, he too attracts the attention of the fairer sex.
- Would you vote for an unapologetically sexually aggressive hunk, however past his prime?
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Did you know that Antena 3 was Spain's first private television channel? It began broadcasting in 1989. Its proprietors include the conservative newspapers La Vanguardia and ABC.