Translation of hurdle in Spanish:
- 1.1 (Sport) (obstacle) (before noun) hurdle racesee also → hurdlescarrera (feminine) de vallasExample sentences1.2 (Agriculture) 1.3 (problem) to fall at the first hurdle
(fail at outset)caer a la primera (vuelta) [colloquial]no pasar la primera prueba(lit: in race)caer en el primer obstáculoExample sentences
- The hoarding, the structure on which an ad is placed, is related to the hurdle over which athletes jump.
- She jumped a series of hurdles for what seemed like the thousandth time, and then looked up at the wall in front of her.
- She tore cartilage in her knee on August 6 as she did a routine jump over the hurdle during warm-up for her last pre-Olympic race in Zurich.
- It was told with such passion and energy that it was difficult imagining a hurdle they could not overcome together.
- Many believe nuclear-powered spacecraft can and should be built, but first many technical problems and other hurdles must be overcome.
- This aside, the list of hurdles he must overcome is still formidable.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Carnaval is the three days of festivities preceding Lent, characterized by costumes, masks, drinking, music, and dancing.