- → hoorayExample sentences
- Holiday plans to Spain were also discussed - hurrah!
- It's hoped that this will be an annual event - hurrah!
- They had disappeared when I went to bed last night, and I was like, hurrah!
- Everyone ought to lead a parade once in their life, just to experience the curious sensation of marching down the middle of the street to cheers and hurrahs.
- But when you are woken up by jugglers throwing batons and chainsaws, and all the hurrahs, that gets a little annoying.
- Actually, the Italian Prime Minister deserves a double chorus of hurrahs!
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Opus Dei - Latin for "God's Work" - is a Catholic organization founded in Spain in 1928. The Opus became very influential in Spanish society, above all by founding schools and universities. The aim was to create an élite which would spread Christian ideals throughout society. The University of Navarre is one of its foremost institutions.