Translation of husk in Spanish:
- (of wheat, rice)(of maize) chala (feminine) or (Spain) farfolla (feminine)Example sentences
- In the fall, plants produce and discard gorgeous seeds, seed pods, husks, and pinecones.
- She uses real leaves, seeds, husks and pods, building on their natural form and texture and drenching them in colour.
- Here, however, there was nothing; no birds flying overhead, no rodents, no chewed branches or seed husks, no droppings of any kind.
quitarle la chala or (Spain) farfolla aExample sentences
- Much of the work of the household is gender-specific, with women working longer hours than men and responsible for the hard work of hauling water and firewood and husking the rice.
- Women are responsible for much heavy work - hauling water for the household and, in the absence of rice mills, pounding the rice in big mortars of hollowed out logs to husk it.
- One day while I was husking maize, after my daily devotion, my father's mother came and sat by me.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.