- 1.1 (boat)Example sentences1.2 (seaplane)
- Their run established a new world and national record as part of Windermere Records Week which saw high-speed watercraft - from one-man hydroplanes to offshore Formula 1 powerboats - take to the water.
- Since small outboard race boats are one of Montgomery's passions - he has five hydroplanes in his 15-boat fleet - the museum will include a section devoted to outboard racing, complete with a few boats and trophies.
- He nodded, staring out over the clear water to where the hydroplane was now visible, a dot on the horizon.
hidroavión (masculine)Example sentences1.3 (on submarine)
- This park has a rich history dating back to 1927 when Italy's then leader, Mussolini, built a non-military airport for the landing of hydroplanes from outlying lakes.
- Next, the man declares that he would like to take Nick flying in his hydroplane.
- A dozen of the country's top scientists and intellectuals climbed aboard a hydroplane and flew out into the Bay of Rio to welcome him.
- Upstairs houses interactive tests for youngsters from mechanical diving suit arms to the art of driving a submarine using hydroplanes and the knack of positive and negative buoyancy.
- Stubborn had survived one of the worst attacks of the war, despite the loss of her aft hydroplanes and rudder, and had carried out the deepest-ever dive at the time, to an estimated 165m!
- The A7 was the first submarine in the Royal Navy to be fitted with hydroplanes on her conning tower.