- 1.1 (boat)Example sentences1.2 (seaplane)
(American English)Example sentences1.3 (on submarine)
- Their run established a new world and national record as part of Windermere Records Week which saw high-speed watercraft - from one-man hydroplanes to offshore Formula 1 powerboats - take to the water.
- Since small outboard race boats are one of Montgomery's passions - he has five hydroplanes in his 15-boat fleet - the museum will include a section devoted to outboard racing, complete with a few boats and trophies.
- He nodded, staring out over the clear water to where the hydroplane was now visible, a dot on the horizon.
- This park has a rich history dating back to 1927 when Italy's then leader, Mussolini, built a non-military airport for the landing of hydroplanes from outlying lakes.
- Next, the man declares that he would like to take Nick flying in his hydroplane.
- A dozen of the country's top scientists and intellectuals climbed aboard a hydroplane and flew out into the Bay of Rio to welcome him.
- Upstairs houses interactive tests for youngsters from mechanical diving suit arms to the art of driving a submarine using hydroplanes and the knack of positive and negative buoyancy.
- Stubborn had survived one of the worst attacks of the war, despite the loss of her aft hydroplanes and rudder, and had carried out the deepest-ever dive at the time, to an estimated 165m!
- The A7 was the first submarine in the Royal Navy to be fitted with hydroplanes on her conning tower.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.