Translation of hymn in Spanish:
- 1.1 [Religion/Religión] cántico (masculine), himno (masculine) to sing from the same hymn sheet cantar al son de la misma músicaExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 (paean) himno (masculine), canto (masculine)
- Wine and even drunkenness are frequent images in medieval hymns and other religious poems.
- They should be ‘words’ that can't be easily guessed, like acronyms referring to hymns, praise songs, or verses.
- The Rig Veda is a collection of hymns praising the gods and glorifying the conquests and the heroics of the aristocratic Aryan cult.
- In the Christian tradition, hymns are songs of worship, sung by congregation and choir.
- I used to feel good when I went to the local Congregational Church and sang hymns.
- The congregation also sang the hymns Lord Of All Hopefulness and Abide With Me, and heard clips of Peel speaking in a variety of radio broadcasts.
- More precisely, the film is a hymn to the theatricality implicit in most love affairs: their deceptive art and sweet fraudulence.
- One of my favorite books is an extended hymn of praise to French food, wine and general attitude toward the pleasant things in life.
- Will Hutton's new book is a hymn of praise to Europe.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The Premios Goya del cine español is the Spanish equivalent of Oscars, awarded in January every year by the AACC (Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Cinematográficas de España). The winners receive a bust of the painter Goya.