Translation of hymn in Spanish:
- 1 (Religion) to sing from the same hymn sheetcantar al son de la misma músicaExample sentences
- Wine and even drunkenness are frequent images in medieval hymns and other religious poems.
- They should be ‘words’ that can't be easily guessed, like acronyms referring to hymns, praise songs, or verses.
- The Rig Veda is a collection of hymns praising the gods and glorifying the conquests and the heroics of the aristocratic Aryan cult.
- In the Christian tradition, hymns are songs of worship, sung by congregation and choir.
- I used to feel good when I went to the local Congregational Church and sang hymns.
- The congregation also sang the hymns Lord Of All Hopefulness and Abide With Me, and heard clips of Peel speaking in a variety of radio broadcasts.
- 2 (paean)Example sentences
- More precisely, the film is a hymn to the theatricality implicit in most love affairs: their deceptive art and sweet fraudulence.
- One of my favorite books is an extended hymn of praise to French food, wine and general attitude toward the pleasant things in life.
- Will Hutton's new book is a hymn of praise to Europe.
- [literary]Example sentences
- Already enamoured of the small Canadian town, he began to hymn its praises in verse which he read to public gatherings.
- For example, they did not often gather together with harps and rebecks to celebrate their national glories, or to hymn their national heroes.
- He hymns the progress of the year just past and the minty weight of new policies waiting for examination.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.