- 1.1 [Psych] histéricoMore example sentences
More example sentences1.2 (uncontrolled) [fans/crowd] histérico he had a hysterical outburst le dio un ataque de histeria, se puso histérico she broke into a fit of hysterical laughter empezó a reírse histéricamente 1.3 (very funny) [colloquial/familiar] para morirse or desternillarse de (la) risa, tronchante (Esp) [familiar/colloquial]
- And as he watched her in confusion, Shelley's chuckle turned into an uncontrollable, hysterical fit of laughter.
- Approach this end room and the first thing noticed will be the hysterical, uncontrollable laughter.
- The young woman had crying fits, which were interspersed with screams and bursts of hysterical laughter.
More example sentences
- So I may be a cynical, hysterical, psychotic, twisted masochist.
- Such a figure is literally and etymologically hysterical, as it is excessively feminized; it is also psychoanalytically hysterical.
- Although Halle is not around to encounter Beloved, he too suffers trauma and exhibits hysterical symptoms.
- How did this role come to you, this very funny, hysterical gun moll role?
- For the show, a group of puppeteers steps in and performs these calls with some very funny looking puppets on hysterical sets.
- Extreme gore and hysterical pratfalls all combine in a truly memorable mix.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Santería is a religious cult, fusing African beliefs and Catholicism, which developed among African Yoruba slaves in Cuba. Followers believe both in a single supreme being and also in orishas, deities who each share an identity with a Christian saint and who combine a force of nature with human characteristics. Rituals involve music, dancing, sacrificial offerings, divination, and going into trances.