Translation of hysterics in Spanish:
- 1.1 (nervous agitation) a fit of hystericsto go into hystericsun ataque de histeriahe nearly had hystericsponerse histéricoshe was almost in hystericspor poco le da un ataque or se pone histéricoestaba como locaExample sentences1.2 (laughter) [colloquial]
just looking at him sent us into hystericsataque (masculine) de risaJim had us in hystericssolo con verlo, nos dio un ataque de risaJim nos hizo morir or desternillar de (la) risanos hizo troncharos (Spain) [colloquial]Example sentences
- She got a second Oscar nod, as Best Supporting Actress, for her wildly funny hysterics in Allen's Husbands and Wives.
- But his mission is complicated by Louis' quirks and emotional hysterics.
- It would simply be helpful if the neighbours could resign themselves to an approximately similar exercise, with fewer tantrums and hysterics.
- I was laughing in hysterics, yet utterly disgusted!
- Like a woman loosing all sanity, I began to laugh in hysterics.
- Kayla laughed in hysterics as her skates slid up under her and she landed on her bottom.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Carnaval is the three days of festivities preceding Lent, characterized by costumes, masks, drinking, music, and dancing.