Translation of icing in Spanish:
- 1 [Cookery/Cocina] 1.1 (hard) glaseado (masculine), fondant (masculine) 1.2 (soft) (British English/inglés británico) baño (masculine) chocolate icing baño (masculine) de chocolateExample sentences
- The carton says: ‘Great for cakes, icings, biscuits, French toast, quiche, batters and coatings for baking or frying!’
- Powdery confectioners' sugar contains a small amount of starch, which is desirable in some products like icings and pastry creams but not desirable in brioche.
- Cakes covered with these relatively simple icings are often further decorated with the addition of glacé cherries, angelica, silver dragées, hundreds and thousands, etc.
- 2 (formation of ice) formación (feminine) de hieloExample sentences
- Mixed ice is the most dangerous kind of airframe icing due to its weight and disruption to the airflow.
- Compared to the turbulence, the hail and the lightning, icing was the biggest threat of all.
- Signs of engine icing could include loss of power, abnormal or slow RPM response to throttle movement, and indications of engine surge or stall.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The Defensor del pueblo is an ombudsman nominated by the Spanish Parliament to defend the rights of citizens against government maladministration. If he upholds a complaint he advises the administration on appropriate compensation. This post, under the same name, also exists in some Latin American countries.