Translation of icon in Spanish:
- [Art/Arte] [Computing/Informática] [Linguistics/Lingüística] [Religion/Religión] icono (masculine), ícono (masculine)Example sentences
- The iconoclasts wanted to rid the church of images, icons, even paintings.
- Many of her paintings are like expressionistic Byzantine icons.
- Would an Eastern Orthodox priest bless an exhibition of, say, Byzantine icons at a Western museum?
- It also said that although the sales will come from services such as mobile phone graphics, icons, screen savers and novelty voice mail, it is ringtones that will dominate.
- The left side of the program window contains icons for each module and you can access any part of the software at any time without having to back out of anything first.
- Scrolling web-pages, opening icons, moving windows; these are all things which are controlled far more intuitively by your fingers than an input device.
- Peirce distinguishes three types of sign - the icon, the index and the symbol.
- An iconic sign/icon (from Greek eikon ‘replica’) provides a visual, auditory or any other perceptual image of the thing it stands for.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Spain, a gestoría is an office that deals with government agencies on behalf of its clients. It is common practice to use a gestoría to avoid the problems of dealing with Spanish bureaucracy, despite the cost involved.