Translation of identify in Spanish:
- 1 1.1(person/ship/species)he was identified as a member of the gang
identificarse lo identificó como miembro de la banda1.2 (ascertain) they failed to identify the problemno lograron identificar el problemaExample sentences
- By watching the workings of our own mind we can learn how to identify these delusions.
- Before we can identify any turning points, it is necessary to establish a starting point.
- The International Labour Organisation identifies the following factors that indicate forced labour.
- 2 (associate, equate)Example sentences
- There is also a strong tendency to identify the court with absolute rule.
- People closely identified the war with western corporate greed.
- When physicists write or say ‘as Newton/Einstein/Bohr/Feynman once said…’, it immediately gives them authority by closely identifying them with one of the giants of physics - or so they think.
- 1.1 (reveal identity) to identify oneselfidentificarse1.2 (link)to identify oneself
withsomething/somebodyasociarse conalgo/alguienExample sentences
- The main avenue by which Muldrow identifies with animals and their characteristics is dreaming.
- In other words, the cross is no more than Jesus identifying with our suffering, sharing in the pathos of it.
- He urges us to identify with them and share their inmost hopes and fears, their solitude.
- Social workers used these indicators to identify a local family as satanic abusers.
- Pupils will learn how to identify plants and explore the ways that seeds can be dispersed.
- It also helped in identifying them; learning how they behaved, what they ate and so on.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.