Translation of identity in Spanish:
noun/nombre (plural -ties)
- 1 u and c 1.1 (name) identidad (feminine) to prove one's identity demostrar* su identidad you'll need some proof of identity necesitará algún documento que acredite su identidad it was a case of mistaken identity fue un caso de identificación equivocadaExample sentences1.2 (character) identidad (feminine) to lose one's identity perder* la identidad personal/national/sexual identity identidad personal/nacional/sexual
- In fact, her identity as a citizen in urban India is one that is minimally developed, if at all.
- It doesn't matter that the joke is about mistaken identity or the fact that they're chasing the wrong vehicle - Atkinson can make you laugh at it anyway.
- Being one of the king's personal guests had given them a special status despite the fact that their identities had yet to be given.
- That is, what about people who deliberately disrupt the continuity that ordinarily characterizes our identity?
- My appreciation of this country stems from the fact that our national identity is impossible to pin down.
- What should be one of the most important facts of our national identity is instead one of the government's most closely guarded secrets!
- 2 uncountable/no numerable [Mathematics/Matemáticas] [Philos] identidad (feminine) an identity of interests una identidad or coincidencia de interesesExample sentences
- Tickets issued at student fares are only valid for travel in conjunction with a valid student identity card bearing a photograph of the holder.
- Young people across South Lakeland and Furness are being encouraged by police to carry photograph identity cards to prove their age.
- All candidates were expected to have identity cards bearing their photographs to prevent other people sitting examinations for them.
- Group theory studies not a single structure, but a type of structure, the pattern common to collections of objects with a binary operation, an identity element thereon, and inverses for each element.
- First, among the operations there must be an identity element - an operation that leaves the system unchanged.
- For example, the collection of integers under addition is a group (the identity element is 0), and groups occur throughout mathematics from geometry to combinatorics to cryptography.
- Identity and equality are two fundamental binary relations which relate expressions of a given type.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The name of Spain's state-run post office is correos. Stamps can be bought in an