- 1.1 [colloquial/familiar] (foolish person) idiota (mf) [familiar/colloquial], imbécil (mf) [familiar/colloquial] you stupid idiot, look what you've done! ¡idiota or imbécil! ¡mira lo que has hecho! (before n) [grin/laugh] de idiota my idiot brother el idiota de mi hermanoMore example sentences1.2 [dated or offensive] [Med] idiota (mf) [ant u ofensivo]
More example sentences
- And he is not coming into court acting like an idiot and being stupid on the stand.
- If he's such an idiot, how stupid are your guys to be losing to him this repeatedly?
- According to reports, at least half of the one hundred sheer blinding idiots stupid enough to mount the fencing and jump needed treatment from paramedics.
- In 1324 idiots and lunatics had different rights in law, but now these words have lost their more precise meanings and become little more than insults.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Santería is a religious cult, fusing African beliefs and Catholicism, which developed among African Yoruba slaves in Cuba. Followers believe both in a single supreme being and also in orishas, deities who each share an identity with a Christian saint and who combine a force of nature with human characteristics. Rituals involve music, dancing, sacrificial offerings, divination, and going into trances.