Translation of idiot in Spanish:
- 1.1 [colloquial] (foolish person) you stupid idiot, look what you've done!¡idiota or imbécil! ¡mira lo que has hecho!(before noun) (grin/laugh)my idiot brotherde idiotael idiota de mi hermanoExample sentences1.2 [dated or offensive] (Medicine)
[anticuado u ofensivo]Example sentences
- And he is not coming into court acting like an idiot and being stupid on the stand.
- If he's such an idiot, how stupid are your guys to be losing to him this repeatedly?
- According to reports, at least half of the one hundred sheer blinding idiots stupid enough to mount the fencing and jump needed treatment from paramedics.
- In 1324 idiots and lunatics had different rights in law, but now these words have lost their more precise meanings and become little more than insults.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Opus Dei - Latin for "God's Work" - is a Catholic organization founded in Spain in 1928. The Opus became very influential in Spanish society, above all by founding schools and universities. The aim was to create an élite which would spread Christian ideals throughout society. The University of Navarre is one of its foremost institutions.