- 1.1 [colloquial/familiar] (foolish person) idiota (masculine and feminine) [colloquial/familiar], imbécil (masculine and feminine) [colloquial/familiar] you stupid idiot, look what you've done! ¡idiota or imbécil! ¡mira lo que has hecho! (before noun/delante del nombre) [grin/laugh] de idiota my idiot brother el idiota de mi hermanoMore example sentences1.2 [dated or offensive/anticuado u ofensivo] [Medicine/Medicina] idiota (masculine and feminine) [dated or offensive/anticuado u ofensivo]
More example sentences
- And he is not coming into court acting like an idiot and being stupid on the stand.
- If he's such an idiot, how stupid are your guys to be losing to him this repeatedly?
- According to reports, at least half of the one hundred sheer blinding idiots stupid enough to mount the fencing and jump needed treatment from paramedics.
- In 1324 idiots and lunatics had different rights in law, but now these words have lost their more precise meanings and become little more than insults.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Today is a public holiday in Chile (Día de la Independencia)