- 1.1 [colloquial/familiar] (foolish person) idiota (masculine and feminine) [colloquial/familiar], imbécil (masculine and feminine) [colloquial/familiar] you stupid idiot, look what you've done! ¡idiota or imbécil! ¡mira lo que has hecho! (before noun/delante del nombre) [grin/laugh] de idiota my idiot brother el idiota de mi hermanoMore example sentences1.2 [dated or offensive/anticuado u ofensivo] [Medicine/Medicina] idiota (masculine and feminine) [anticuado u ofensivo]
More example sentences
- And he is not coming into court acting like an idiot and being stupid on the stand.
- If he's such an idiot, how stupid are your guys to be losing to him this repeatedly?
- According to reports, at least half of the one hundred sheer blinding idiots stupid enough to mount the fencing and jump needed treatment from paramedics.
- In 1324 idiots and lunatics had different rights in law, but now these words have lost their more precise meanings and become little more than insults.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Every year the charitable Fundación Príncipe de Asturias makes eight awards in various categories. They are presented by the Príncipe de Asturias, the heir to the Spanish throne, in the Asturian city of Oviedo. The prize includes a monetary reward of 50,000 euros and a sculpture by the Catalan artist Joan Miró. Winners have included: the writers Umberto Eco and Mario Vargas Llosa; the politicians Nelson Mandela and Yasser Arafat; the organization Médecins sans Frontières; the scientist Stephen Hawking; and the golfer Severiano Ballesteros.