- 1.1 (carved image) ídolo (m)More example sentences1.2 (person) ídolo (m) a rock/movie idol un ídolo del rock/del cine
More example sentences
- These were, we must remember, unbelieving Gentiles, worshipers of idols and knew very little of the Jewish religion.
- In theological terms this led into seeing it as defined through the worship of God and idols.
- Some of the children of Israel had begun to stray after the daughters of Moav and to worship their idols.
- What friend, dignitary, hero, sports idol, movie star, etc. might we ask over to eat with us?
- But he was also a keen footballer who admired his idols Manchester United and who enjoyed a kickabout with friends.
- We change our tastes and opinions with the same blinding speed that TV can make you famous or the press turn on idols they once loved.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Onda Cero is a radio network broadcasting on AM and FM. It is owned by Telefónica, Spain's most important telecommunications group.