Translation of idol in Spanish:
- 1 (carved image)Example sentences
- These were, we must remember, unbelieving Gentiles, worshipers of idols and knew very little of the Jewish religion.
- In theological terms this led into seeing it as defined through the worship of God and idols.
- Some of the children of Israel had begun to stray after the daughters of Moav and to worship their idols.
- 2 (person) a rock/movie idolun ídolo del rock/del cineExample sentences
- What friend, dignitary, hero, sports idol, movie star, etc. might we ask over to eat with us?
- But he was also a keen footballer who admired his idols Manchester United and who enjoyed a kickabout with friends.
- We change our tastes and opinions with the same blinding speed that TV can make you famous or the press turn on idols they once loved.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.