Translation of if in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 if you're good, I'll read you a storysi te portas bien, te leeré un cuentolet me know if you hear anythingsi oyes algo, dímeloif I had it, I would give it to yousi lo tuviera, te lo daríaI'd help you if I couldte ayudaría si pudierahe would have come if he'd knownhabría or hubiera venido si hubiera sabidoif treated with caresi se lo trata con cuidadoif I were you, I wouldn't do ityo en tu lugar or yo que tú, no lo haríaa misnomer if ever there was oneun nombre inapropiado, donde los haya1.2if notthey were undernourished, if not (yet) actually starvingestaban desnutridos, si bien no se estaban muriendo de inaniciónshe was very offhand, if not downright rudeestuvo muy brusca, por no decir verdaderamente grosera1.3if nothing elseaunque no sea más que eso1.4if onlyif only she could have seen him!¡si lo pudiera haber visto!I'd like to talk to them, if only for a minuteme gustaría hablar con ellos, aunque solo fuera un minutoExample sentences1.5if so
si es así
- Perhaps if you had stayed this would have become more apparent.
- If we had finished it before we went on the tour, I think it would have been a much better record.
de ser asíExample sentences
- If you like, Ill come to Singapore with Sarah.
- If you have a complaint against a lawyer licensed in another state, contact the lawyer regulatory agency in that state for information on making a complaint.
- 4 4.1 (in requests) if you'll all follow me, pleasesíganme, por favor or ¿quieren seguirme, por favor?shall I put the tray here? — if you would¿pongo aquí la bandeja? — se lo agradeceríaI'm sitting there, if you don't mindese es mi asiento, si no te importa4.2 (indicating surprise) (with negative) well, if it isn't Mike Britton!¡pero si es Mike Britton!if that doesn't beat everything!¡eso sí que bate todos los récords!Example sentences
- Well, well, well, if it isn't a revision update.
- Nothing like a friendly reminder at the end of the week that I would be very lucky if I could just be left alone to do my work.
- If I could trouble you to try a little exercise, it will help to elucidate.
- If you wouldn't mind giving me your email address, I will have her write to you to answer your questions and offer experienced advice.
- if the venture succeeds, and it's a big if, then …si la empresa tiene éxito, que no es decir poco or lo cual está por verse, entonces …a lot of ifs and butsmuchas condiciones y salvedadesExample sentences
- It said it would not cut people's working conditions: ‘no ifs, no buts, no maybes’; and so on.
- But if - if - and these are giant ifs, put them in italics because it's great uncertainty.
- There were no mights, no ifs, no buts, no doubts, no qualifications.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.