Translation of if in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 si if you're good, I'll read you a story si te portas bien, te leeré un cuento let me know if you hear anything si oyes algo, dímelo if I had it, I would give it to you si lo tuviera, te lo daría I'd help you if I could te ayudaría si pudiera he would have come if he'd known habría or hubiera venido si hubiera sabido if treated with care si se lo trata con cuidado if I were you, I wouldn't do it yo en tu lugar or yo que tú, no lo haría a misnomer if ever there was one un nombre inapropiado, donde los haya 1.2if not they were undernourished, if not (yet) actually starving estaban desnutridos, si bien no se estaban muriendo de inanición she was very offhand, if not downright rude estuvo muy brusca, por no decir verdaderamente grosera 1.3if nothing else aunque no sea más que eso 1.4if only if only she could have seen him! ¡si lo pudiera haber visto! I'd like to talk to them, if only for a minute me gustaría hablar con ellos, aunque solo fuera un minutoExample sentences1.5if so si es así, de ser así
- Perhaps if you had stayed this would have become more apparent.
- If we had finished it before we went on the tour, I think it would have been a much better record.
- If you like, Ill come to Singapore with Sarah.
- If you have a complaint against a lawyer licensed in another state, contact the lawyer regulatory agency in that state for information on making a complaint.
- 4 4.1 (in requests) if you'll all follow me, please síganme, por favor or ¿quieren seguirme, por favor? shall I put the tray here? — if you would ¿pongo aquí la bandeja? — se lo agradecería I'm sitting there, if you don't mind ese es mi asiento, si no te importa 4.2 (indicating surprise) (with negative/con negativo) well, if it isn't Mike Britton! ¡pero si es Mike Britton! if that doesn't beat everything! ¡eso sí que bate todos los récords!Example sentences
- Well, well, well, if it isn't a revision update.
- Nothing like a friendly reminder at the end of the week that I would be very lucky if I could just be left alone to do my work.
- If I could trouble you to try a little exercise, it will help to elucidate.
- If you wouldn't mind giving me your email address, I will have her write to you to answer your questions and offer experienced advice.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The language of the Basque Country and Navarre is euskera, spoken by around 750,000 people; in Spanish vasco or vascuence. It is also spelled euskara. Basque is unrelated to the Indo-European languages and its origins are unclear.