Translation of if in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 if you're good, I'll read you a storylet me know if you hear anythingsi te portas bien, te leeré un cuentoif I had it, I would give it to yousi oyes algo, dímeloI'd help you if I couldsi lo tuviera, te lo daríahe would have come if he'd knownte ayudaría si pudieraif treated with carehabría or hubiera venido si hubiera sabidoif I were you, I wouldn't do itsi se lo trata con cuidadoa misnomer if ever there was oneyo en tu lugar or yo que tú, no lo haría1.2if notthey were undernourished, if not (yet) actually starvingun nombre inapropiado, donde los hayashe was very offhand, if not downright rudeestaban desnutridos, si bien no se estaban muriendo de inanición1.3if nothing elseestuvo muy brusca, por no decir verdaderamente grosera1.4if onlyif only she could have seen him!aunque no sea más que esoI'd like to talk to them, if only for a minute¡si lo pudiera haber visto!me gustaría hablar con ellos, aunque solo fuera un minutoExample sentences1.5if so
si es asíExample sentences
- Perhaps if you had stayed this would have become more apparent.
- If we had finished it before we went on the tour, I think it would have been a much better record.
- If you like, Ill come to Singapore with Sarah.
- If you have a complaint against a lawyer licensed in another state, contact the lawyer regulatory agency in that state for information on making a complaint.
- 4 4.1 (in requests) See examples: if you'll all follow me, pleaseshall I put the tray here? — if you wouldsíganme, por favor or ¿quieren seguirme, por favor?I'm sitting there, if you don't mind¿pongo aquí la bandeja? — se lo agradecería4.2 (indicating surprise) (with negative) well, if it isn't Mike Britton!ese es mi asiento, si no te importaif that doesn't beat everything!¡pero si es Mike Britton!¡eso sí que bate todos los récords!Example sentences
- Well, well, well, if it isn't a revision update.
- Nothing like a friendly reminder at the end of the week that I would be very lucky if I could just be left alone to do my work.
- If I could trouble you to try a little exercise, it will help to elucidate.
- If you wouldn't mind giving me your email address, I will have her write to you to answer your questions and offer experienced advice.
- if the venture succeeds, and it's a big if, then …a lot of ifs and butssi la empresa tiene éxito, que no es decir poco or lo cual está por verse, entonces …muchas condiciones y salvedadesExample sentences
- It said it would not cut people's working conditions: ‘no ifs, no buts, no maybes’; and so on.
- But if - if - and these are giant ifs, put them in italics because it's great uncertainty.
- There were no mights, no ifs, no buts, no doubts, no qualifications.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Mezcal is an alcoholic drink similar to