Translation of ignite in Spanish:
- prenderle fuego ainflamar [formal]Example sentences
- This was the spark that ignited the discontent aroused by the eradication of coca fields, following Washington's guidelines.
- The spark that ignited communal passions in the State was the burning of some compartments in a train that carried activists of the saffron camp.
- That gesture contained plenty of fuel for those who want to hate the United States, and also enough spark to ignite new hatreds, no doubt.
inflamarse [formal]Example sentences
- It appears the cause was an overheated extension power strip connected to an air conditioner, which caught on fire and ignited a carpet and a couch.
- The wet weather put the dampeners on most of the grass fires that ignite during the usually drier summer months.
- The fire, believed to have started when a cigarette ignited petrol, began in the shed behind the home of the Maxwell family in the Poleglass district of the city.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.