Translation of ignition in Spanish:
- 1.1 uncountable (act) ignition systemsistema (masculine) de encendidoExample sentences1.2 (mechanism) (Cars) to turn on o (in British English also) switch on the ignition
darle al contacto or (in Latin America also) al arranqueExample sentences
- The danger is that the child s hand is still in the line of fire when ignition occurs and severe burns result.
- The ESU is the most frequent ignition source for surgical fires.
- The cast-iron grate can hold 18 burgers, and one-touch ignition makes lighting the fire a cinch.
- Buffy switched off the ignition and leaned forward, resting her forehead on the steering wheel.
- Alice quickly followed her, closed the door, fumbled with the key before finally getting it into the ignition, switched in on, then took a few deep breaths.
- He claimed he couldn't switch off the ignition because modern Renaults have a magnetic card ‘key’ system and he was unable to remove the card while on the run.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.