Translation of ignition in Spanish:
- 1.1 uncountable/no numerable (act) encendido (masculine), ignición (feminine) [formal] ignition system sistema (masculine) de encendidoExample sentences1.2 (mechanism) [Cars/Automovilismo] encendido (masculine) to turn on o (in British English also/en inglés británico también) switch on the ignition darle* al contacto or (in Latin America also/en América Latina también) al arranque
- The danger is that the child s hand is still in the line of fire when ignition occurs and severe burns result.
- The ESU is the most frequent ignition source for surgical fires.
- The cast-iron grate can hold 18 burgers, and one-touch ignition makes lighting the fire a cinch.
- Buffy switched off the ignition and leaned forward, resting her forehead on the steering wheel.
- Alice quickly followed her, closed the door, fumbled with the key before finally getting it into the ignition, switched in on, then took a few deep breaths.
- He claimed he couldn't switch off the ignition because modern Renaults have a magnetic card ‘key’ system and he was unable to remove the card while on the run.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Distrito Federal is a district of central Mexico, the seat of the federal government. It includes most of Mexico City and its suburbs, and comes under the direct supervision of the Mexican president.