Translation of ignition in Spanish:
- 1 uncountable (act)ignición (feminine) [formal]ignition systemsistema (masculine) de encendidoExample sentences
- The danger is that the child s hand is still in the line of fire when ignition occurs and severe burns result.
- The ESU is the most frequent ignition source for surgical fires.
- The cast-iron grate can hold 18 burgers, and one-touch ignition makes lighting the fire a cinch.
- 2 (mechanism) (Motor Vehicles) to turn on or (British also) switch on the ignitiondarle al contactodarle al arranque (Latin America)Example sentences
- Buffy switched off the ignition and leaned forward, resting her forehead on the steering wheel.
- Alice quickly followed her, closed the door, fumbled with the key before finally getting it into the ignition, switched in on, then took a few deep breaths.
- He claimed he couldn't switch off the ignition because modern Renaults have a magnetic card ‘key’ system and he was unable to remove the card while on the run.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.