Translation of ignore in Spanish:
- 1.1 (not take notice of)(plea/warning)he chose to ignore the remark
hacer caso omiso deprefirió ignorar or pasar por alto el comentariowe can't ignore the fact that …no podemos dejar de tener en cuenta el hecho de que …Example sentences1.2 (snub)
(person)she's been ignoring me all evening
- He failed to consider or ignored some important aspects of my evidence.
- Essex motorists are widely ignoring new rules banning the use of hand held mobiles in cars, figures released by police reveal.
- To accuse France and Germany of ignoring the rules is simply to repeat a slanderous allegation often put forward as fact.
ignorarme ha estado ignorando toda la nochehe keeps teasing me — just ignore himno para de molestarme — no le hagas caso or haz como si no lo oyerasExample sentences
- She has been sulking since she climbed out of the bed, ignoring me and refusing to answer my questions.
- The travellers have been issued with a court summons after they ignored an earlier removal notice.
- Sadly, despite complaints, Tesco takes no notice and continues to ignore the public.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.