Translation of ignore in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1.1 (not take notice of) [plea/warning] desoír*, hacer* caso omiso de he chose to ignore the remark prefirió ignorar or pasar por alto el comentario we can't ignore the fact that … no podemos dejar de tener en cuenta el hecho de que …Example sentences1.2 (snub) [person] ignorar she's been ignoring me all evening me ha estado ignorando toda la noche he keeps teasing me — just ignore him no para de molestarme — no le hagas caso or haz como si no lo oyeras
- He failed to consider or ignored some important aspects of my evidence.
- Essex motorists are widely ignoring new rules banning the use of hand held mobiles in cars, figures released by police reveal.
- To accuse France and Germany of ignoring the rules is simply to repeat a slanderous allegation often put forward as fact.
- She has been sulking since she climbed out of the bed, ignoring me and refusing to answer my questions.
- The travellers have been issued with a court summons after they ignored an earlier removal notice.
- Sadly, despite complaints, Tesco takes no notice and continues to ignore the public.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Sherry is produced in an area of chalky soil known as albariza lying between the towns of Puerto de Santa María, Sanlúcar de Barrameda, and Jerez de la Frontera in Cádiz province. It is from Jerez that sherry takes its English name. Sherries, made from grape varieties including Palomino and Pedro Ximénez, are drunk worldwide as an aperitif, and in Spain as an accompaniment to