Translation of illuminate in Spanish:
- That day, it was the interior's turn to be brilliantly illuminated - by fluorescent lights carried up to the rafters by remote-controlled helium balloons.
- A great flash of lightning illuminated the world outside, showing the trees dark against the night sky.
- The next town was Boyes, just 29 km down the road and as we rode towards it we saw flashes of lightning illuminate the horizon.
- 2 (Art) illuminated initialletra (feminine) historiada or miniadaExample sentences
- Large illuminated letters became popular with the advent of hand-written manuscripts and official documents.
- Thus, the museum began to acquire European sculpture and old master drawings and purchased an important collection of medieval and renaissance illuminated manuscripts.
- He is a fine late Romanesque painter open to more modern influences, particularly those emanating from Byzantium, perhaps via Franciscan illuminated manuscripts.
- 3 3.1Example sentences3.2 (person) (about a subject)
- Their results were paradoxical and their discussion illuminating.
- There is even the promise of positive theory, exemplified in a brief but illuminating discussion of Likert's notions of effective hierarchies.
- Of this central Lockean teaching and Zuckert's meticulous and illuminating discussions of it, we hear not one word from Prof. Mitchell.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.