Translation of illumination in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 uncountable (lighting)Example sentences1.2
also: illuminations plural(decorative lighting) (British)Example sentences
- General or background lighting provides an overall level of illumination when natural light levels are low.
- The use of blue light in this experiment is important because white light illumination caused significant heating artifacts.
- The basement was dank and dark with no windows and only a few strategically placed fluorescent lights for illumination.
- Street lamps, spotlights, illuminations, adverts, security lighting and three million houses, all contribute to the most severe light pollution in the UK, beaming light upwards where it isn't needed.
- Now the illuminations were lights put onto the buildings, and they actually detail it, it's a changeover in the technology again.
- How about a dinner party for 14 at the giant oval dining table, lit by four vast pendant lights, further illuminations kindly provided by the Square Mile?
- 2 countable and uncountable (Art)Example sentences
- The portrait miniature seems to be a development of two older traditions: the medieval illumination of manuscripts and the Renaissance portrait medal, which was itself a revival of a classical form.
- It is an emphasis and a faith apparent in the manuscript illumination and the great crucifixes of the Ottonian period and expressed in the liturgy of the church.
- During the twelfth century the sculptural decoration, manuscript illumination, stone towers on churches and stained glass were all successively proscribed.
- 3 uncountable (elucidation)Example sentences
- The data collection and analysis are subsequently geared to the illumination or resolution of the research issue or problem that has been identified at the outset.
- Even in the war itself, in its inherent character, we have the illumination of a great social principle which has a vital bearing on our theology of sin.
- If the artist bends his or her will, at whatever cost, to the illumination of difficult moral, social and psychological problems, this must sooner or later find a deep response in the population.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.