Translation of illusion in Spanish:
- 1.1 c and u (false appearance) to give o create an illusion of sth dar* la impresión de algo [Art/Arte] crear la ilusión de algo the mirrors gave the illusion that the room was larger los espejos daban la impresión de que la habitación era más grande an optical illusion una ilusión óptica a master of disguise and illusion un maestro del disfraz y el ilusionismoExample sentences1.2 countable/numerable (false idea) ilusión (feminine) I have no illusions o I'm under no illusions about that no me hago ilusiones al respecto she's under the illusion that they'll pay for it se cree que or se hace ilusiones de que ellos lo van a pagar I was under the illusion that he lived here tenía la impresión de que vivía aquí
- Hallucinations and illusions are disturbances of perception that are common in people suffering from schizophrenia.
- The intoxicated state is characterized by illusions, visual hallucinations and bodily distortions.
- They also experienced visual illusions such as real objects appearing to move or pulsate.
- Man and house are thus a perfect match, as all the characters trapped in their own illusions and false expectations of Sancher end up more hurt than healed.
- Our world will appear to crumble as we know it, as distractions, false voices, illusions and misconceptions will be taken away from us.
- Believing that our beliefs are illusions, however, is self-refuting.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Radio broadcasting in Spain began in the 1920s. The state-run Radio Nacional de España (RNE) was established during the Civil War. There are many private radio stations and they compete fiercely. Radio personalities are paid huge salaries, out of which they employ the staff for their programs.