Translation of illusion in Spanish:
- 1.1 countable or uncountable (false appearance) to give o create an illusion of somethingdar la impresión de algo(Art)the mirrors gave the illusion that the room was larger
crear la ilusión de algolos espejos daban la impresión de que la habitación era más grandean optical illusionuna ilusión ópticaa master of disguise and illusionun maestro del disfraz y el ilusionismoExample sentences1.2 countable (false idea) I have no illusions o I'm under no illusions about that
no me hago ilusiones al respectoshe's under the illusion that they'll pay for itse cree que or se hace ilusiones de que ellos lo van a pagarI was under the illusion that he lived heretenía la impresión de que vivía aquíExample sentences
- Hallucinations and illusions are disturbances of perception that are common in people suffering from schizophrenia.
- The intoxicated state is characterized by illusions, visual hallucinations and bodily distortions.
- They also experienced visual illusions such as real objects appearing to move or pulsate.
- Man and house are thus a perfect match, as all the characters trapped in their own illusions and false expectations of Sancher end up more hurt than healed.
- Our world will appear to crumble as we know it, as distractions, false voices, illusions and misconceptions will be taken away from us.
- Believing that our beliefs are illusions, however, is self-refuting.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.