- 1.1 c and u (false appearance) to give o create an illusion of sth dar* la impresión de algo [Art/Arte] crear la ilusión de algo the mirrors gave the illusion that the room was larger los espejos daban la impresión de que la habitación era más grande an optical illusion una ilusión óptica a master of disguise and illusion un maestro del disfraz y el ilusionismoMore example sentences1.2 countable/numerable (false idea) ilusión (feminine) I have no illusions o I'm under no illusions about that no me hago ilusiones al respecto she's under the illusion that they'll pay for it se cree que or se hace ilusiones de que ellos lo van a pagar I was under the illusion that he lived here tenía la impresión de que vivía aquí
More example sentences
- Hallucinations and illusions are disturbances of perception that are common in people suffering from schizophrenia.
- The intoxicated state is characterized by illusions, visual hallucinations and bodily distortions.
- They also experienced visual illusions such as real objects appearing to move or pulsate.
- Man and house are thus a perfect match, as all the characters trapped in their own illusions and false expectations of Sancher end up more hurt than healed.
- Our world will appear to crumble as we know it, as distractions, false voices, illusions and misconceptions will be taken away from us.
- Believing that our beliefs are illusions, however, is self-refuting.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Every year the charitable Fundación Príncipe de Asturias makes eight awards in various categories. They are presented by the Príncipe de Asturias, the heir to the Spanish throne, in the Asturian city of Oviedo. The prize includes a monetary reward of 50,000 euros and a sculpture by the Catalan artist Joan Miró. Winners have included: the writers Umberto Eco and Mario Vargas Llosa; the politicians Nelson Mandela and Yasser Arafat; the organization Médecins sans Frontières; the scientist Stephen Hawking; and the golfer Severiano Ballesteros.