Translation of illustrate in Spanish:
- 1 1.1(book/story/magazine)Example sentences1.2
also: illustrated past participle(book/edition)(lecture)lavishly illustratedilustrado con diapositivas ( or proyecciones etc)profusamente ilustradoExample sentences
- To illustrate the Book of Ruth, Merian chose to represent Boaz and Ruth at the threshing floor.
- Photographic picture books, illustrating New York and other subjects, proliferated; a number of these featured the work of the new documentary photographers.
- John Hodgkiss edited the diverse selection of reportage and portrait photographs illustrating the book.
- When Touch of Evil was first announced, a documentary explaining and illustrating the changes that resulted from Welles' memo was to have been included with the DVD.
- One or two things seem to me underplayed (the great baroque invention of the Duet, for example), but thought has gone into explaining and illustrating most genres.
- So let's look at another example as we explain and illustrate the general method.
- 2 2.1 (explain by examples) this example illustrates how serious the problem is2.2 (show)este ejemplo ilustra la gravedad del problemaponer de manifiestoExample sentences
- One example will serve to illustrate how comprehensive and penetrating his discernment is.
- Three examples can serve to illustrate how a choice of ruler was made and the thinking behind the resources made available to him.
- Clearly, this is a grossly simplified example but it serves to illustrate how such a solution is very open to sabotage.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.