Translation of imagination in Spanish:
- 1.1 uncountable and countable (faculty) what a wonderful imagination this child has!¡qué imaginación or fantasía tiene este niño!you're letting your imagination run away with youte estás dejando llevar por la imaginaciónit's only your imaginationson imaginaciones or figuraciones tuyasthe product failed to capture the public imaginationel producto no atrajo or no despertó el interés del públicothe book fired his imaginationel libro dio vuelo a su imaginaciónthe photo leaves nothing to the imagination [humorous]la foto no deja nada librado a la imaginaciónby no stretch of the imaginationni remotamentewhat were they doing? — use your imagination!¿qué estaban haciendo? — pues, imagínateloExample sentences1.2 uncountable (inventiveness)
- He designed a series of lavish public celebrations to cement this image in the public imagination.
- He said the tragedy still captured the public imagination and interest in it had not waned.
- But one thing was undeniable; that children have vivid imaginations.
- The first barrier is the lack of imagination and creativity in resourcing in schools.
- The garden lacked beauty and mystery and I lacked creative imagination.
- When will it dawn on them that we are capable of creating jobs by way of our own indigenous resources and imagination?
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.