Translation of imbibe in Spanish:
- 1 (drink)ingerir [formal]Example sentences
- But, whatever the reason, men no longer imbibe alcohol so freely, especially during the day, as they did a few years ago.
- The company claims that if you take this pill, you will need less alcohol to stay drunk, so will imbibe less.
- Research has found that children who imbibe soft drinks tend to consume more calories than those who don't.
- I wonder if young medics busy imbibing knowledge and collecting degrees will see some simple truths: There is a need for more doctors in Community Medicine; and we badly want good General Practitioners.
- The Mongols may have imbibed ideas about manoeuvre warfare from captive Chinese, but it is more likely they did it by instinct.
- When they went to summer camps, guards patrolled the perimeter and the inmates spent every waking moment imbibing the thoughts of the master.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.