Translation of imbibe in Spanish:
- 1.1 (drink)Example sentences
- But, whatever the reason, men no longer imbibe alcohol so freely, especially during the day, as they did a few years ago.
- The company claims that if you take this pill, you will need less alcohol to stay drunk, so will imbibe less.
- Research has found that children who imbibe soft drinks tend to consume more calories than those who don't.
- I wonder if young medics busy imbibing knowledge and collecting degrees will see some simple truths: There is a need for more doctors in Community Medicine; and we badly want good General Practitioners.
- The Mongols may have imbibed ideas about manoeuvre warfare from captive Chinese, but it is more likely they did it by instinct.
- When they went to summer camps, guards patrolled the perimeter and the inmates spent every waking moment imbibing the thoughts of the master.
imbuirse de [formal]
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.