Translation of imitate in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1.1 (copy) [person/mannerism] imitar; (trying to be funny) imitar, remedarExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 (resemble) imitar
- There is nothing wrong in imitating mannerisms found in every human being.
- That is, motivated by prestige and upward mobility, lower class women try to imitate the speech of the upper class but miss the target and end up with affrication rather than frication.
- He had grown fairly adept at imitating Jimjim's clipped speech.
- But some simulations imitate real people and economies more closely than others, just as some physics models produce more authentic collisions.
- At its most basic, a paramilitary group was structured to resemble or imitate a command or military organization.
- They learn from doing, from a simulated experience that very closely imitates real life scenarios.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Spain's 1978 Constitution granted areas of competence competencias to each of the autonomous regions it created. It also established that these could be modified by agreements, called estatutos de autonomía or just estatutos, between central government and each of the autonomous regions. The latter do not affect the competencias of central government which controls the army, etc. For example, Navarre, the Basque Country and Catalonia have their own police forces and health services, and collect taxes on behalf of central government. Navarre has its own civil law system, fueros, and can levy taxes which are different to those in the rest of Spain. In 2006, Andalusia, Valencia and Catalonia renegotiated their estatutos. The Catalan Estatut was particularly contentious.