Translation of immediate in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (instant, prompt) [reply/decision/attention] inmediato immediate delivery entrega (feminine) inmediata to take immediate action actuar* inmediatamente these tablets afford immediate relief estas tabletas proporcionan un alivio instantáneo or inmediato the law will take immediate effect la ley entrará en vigor inmediatamenteExample sentences1.2 [aim/problem/need] urgente, apremiante, perentorio of more immediate concern to me is my own future a mí me preocupa más mi propio futuro
- This in turn has triggered the disappearance of a system of symbols that once enabled immediate identification of a woman's status.
- Brown's response to this fundamental problem was immediate, once it had been brought to his attention.
- However, these concepts are introduced all at once with no immediate application for the student.
- Get people to voice their immediate current concerns or questions.
- This kind of analysis is really just the product of a false hindsight that tends to see the past through the lenses of the immediate present.
- More than the big picture, look at the immediate, present needs.
- 2 (before noun/delante del nombre) (close) in the immediate future en el futuro inmediato in the immediate vicinity en las inmediaciones, en los alrededores my immediate superior mi superior inmediato or directo my immediate family mis familiares más cercanos
- 3 3.1 [formal] (before noun/delante del nombre) [cause/consequence/knowledge] inmediato, directo 3.2 [style] directo; [feel] de inmediatezExample sentences
- It further held, allowing the Commissioners' appeal, that on the facts the requisite ‘direct and immediate link’ was not established.
- ‘So far in museum exhibitions, the visitor was not placed in immediate contact with the past,’ he wrote.
- The immediate connection between the ‘Void’ and our conceptions of chaos may not be explicit to many readers.
- Hume had shown that no immediate knowledge of causes is possible, for we have no impression of necessary connection.
- Knowledge that is immediate may supply the premises for the inference of further knowledge, but even immediate knowledge depends on coherence.
- The notion allows Heidegger to avoid giving primacy to non-theoretical immediate experience.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...