Translation of immerse in Spanish:
- 1.1 (submerge)to immerse something/somebody (
insomething)sumergir algo/a alguien ( enalgo)Example sentences1.2 (Religion)
bautizar por inmersiónExample sentences1.3 (absorb, involve)to be immersed
- The food to be poached must be fully immersed in the liquid and not allowed to boil otherwise it can toughen the most delicate protein.
- The first one involved usage of liquid paraffin for immersing nerves while dissecting and recording from them.
- In our experiments, however, both tip and sample are completely immersed in liquids.
- Through Christ, we are immersed in the waters of new life, transformed and made whole.
- There the High Priest washed the child in the Sacred Basin beside the altar and immersed her in the holy water.
insomethingestar sumido or absorto or enfrascado enalgoExample sentences
- To ‘flow’ in this context means that you are able to immerse yourself in some activity so deeply that you forget about anything else.
- After his retirement he immersed himself in various charitable activities.
- The piece questions and explores the ideas of communication and its absence through images and time lags, while immersing the audience in Kitamura's all-encompassing world of movement, sound and images.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.