Translation of immobilize in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1.1 [vehicle/capital] inmovilizar*Example sentences1.2 [limb/patient] inmovilizar*
- It's whether you're immobilized by the fear of death.
- It's clearly true that he is virtually immobilized through his fear of coming across poorly in the eyes of strangers.
- The result was a government immobilized by fear of schism and unable to respond to a real opportunity to develop a better relation with the minority community.
- The damaged limbs were often kept immobilized because of the confinement of the iron lung.
- If a body part must be immobilised - to allow skin graft adherence, for example - then the part should be splinted or positioned in an anti-deformity position for the minimum time possible.
- Another barrier surgeons had to overcome was immobilizing a shattered limb while ensuring they had access to the open wound so they could treat infection.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Bonoloto is a Spanish state lottery established in 1988. The others are the Lotería Nacional and the Lotería Primitiva. As with the Lotería Primitiva six numbers are marked on a ticket showing forty-nine numbers and win the main prize if all the numbers come up in the draw.