- 1 1.1 (not susceptible) to be immune
tosth ser* inmune aalgo he was immune to her charms era inmune a sus encantos I've had measles, so I'm immune ya he tenido el sarampión, así que estoy inmunizado she was immune to persuasion nada logró persuadirla she's not immune to doubt no está libre de que la asalte la dudaMore example sentences1.2 (before n) [system/response] inmunológico immune deficiency inmunodeficiencia (f) immune serum suero (m) inmune
More example sentences
- So maybe I'm not completely immune to those seasonal influences either…
- We could see their love and it rubbed off on us - or at least it rubbed off on those not so opposed to the man as to be immune to such influence.
- At the same time, the hype notwithstanding, large parts of the country remain immune to media influence.
- People whose immune systems have fought the infection will then be immune to TB.
- Contracting the disease once does not render a person immune to future infections, which is why getting routine boosters is so important.
- In this way, vaccinations allow you to become immune to an infection without having the illness first.
- 2 (exempt)immune
fromsth immune from taxation con inmunidad fiscal diplomats are immune from prosecution los diplomáticos gozan de inmunidad none of us is immune from the effects of the recession a todos nos afecta la recesiónMore example sentences
- Nevertheless, if the worst happened, we would not be immune from the effects of such an attack.
- Royalty are not immune from their effects, as we have seen all too clearly.
- Commercial free speech is protected, but it is not immune from regulation.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Today is Fiesta de Santiago (St James' Day). The famous Camino de Santiago, the pilgrimage of thousands of people from all over Spain and many other parts of Europe to the holy city of Santiago de Compostela, takes place in the week leading up to St James' Day, 25 July. The city also has its fiestas around this time. The streets are full of musicians and performers for two weeks of celebrations culminating in the Festival del Apóstol.