Translation of impact in Spanish:
noununcountable and countableAmerican English: /ˈɪmˌpækt/ British English: /ˈɪmpakt/
- 1.1 (in collision) it exploded on impactestalló al hacer impactoExample sentences1.2 (effect) what will the environmental impact of these measures be?
the movie had a major impact on public opinion¿qué impacto tendrán estas medidas sobre el medio ambiente?this will have little impact on the budget deficitla película impactó a or tuvo un gran impacto sobre la opinión públicaesto hará muy poca mella en el déficit presupuestarioExample sentences
- It is believed he died from multiple injuries caused by the impact of the collisions.
- This technique allows the sole of the club to contact the grass at impact and slide easily under the ball.
- She said the impact of the smash knocked the door off its hinges.
- The adverse effect immediately made an impact on the company's financial performance.
- All these influences have had an impact on me becoming who and what I am today.
- Moreover, advances in medicine and medical technology have had a marked impact on the process of dying.
intransitive verbAmerican English: /ɪmˈpækt/ British English: /ɪmˈpakt/
- 1.1 (strike) to impact
againsto onsomething1.2 (affect) See examples:to impactchocar contraor hacer impacto conalgo onsomethingtener un impacto sobrealgoExample sentences
- As groups, they were expected to retain strong cultural links that impacted on family structures and child raising patterns.
- Name one sport, one hobby or one past-time that hasn't been impacted on by the times we live in.
- No other media seemed to realize that Bermuda was impacted on a very large scale.
- This eruption may cause auroral displays and magnetic storm activity when it impacts the Earth's magnetic field sometime Friday.
- Depending on the orientation of the magnetic field carried by the CME cloud, it may cause a magnetic storm when it impacts the Earth's own magnetic field.
- The tropical storm force winds are likely to be impacting the southeast Florida coast by then, and the hurricane force winds will likely reach the coast by tomorrow night.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Carnaval is the three days of festivities preceding Lent, characterized by costumes, masks, drinking, music, and dancing.