Translation of impact in Spanish:
noununcountable or countableAmerican English: /ˈɪmˌpækt/ British English: /ˈɪmpakt/
- 1 (in collision) it exploded on impactestalló al hacer impactoExample sentences
- It is believed he died from multiple injuries caused by the impact of the collisions.
- This technique allows the sole of the club to contact the grass at impact and slide easily under the ball.
- She said the impact of the smash knocked the door off its hinges.
- 2 (effect) what will the environmental impact of these measures be?¿qué impacto tendrán estas medidas sobre el medio ambiente?the movie had a major impact on public opinionla película impactó a or tuvo un gran impacto sobre la opinión públicathis will have little impact on the budget deficitesto hará muy poca mella en el déficit presupuestarioExample sentences
- The adverse effect immediately made an impact on the company's financial performance.
- All these influences have had an impact on me becoming who and what I am today.
- Moreover, advances in medicine and medical technology have had a marked impact on the process of dying.
intransitive verbAmerican English: /ɪmˈpækt/ British English: /ɪmˈpakt/
- 1 (strike) to impact
againsto onsomethingchocar contraor hacer impacto conalgoExample sentences
- This eruption may cause auroral displays and magnetic storm activity when it impacts the Earth's magnetic field sometime Friday.
- Depending on the orientation of the magnetic field carried by the CME cloud, it may cause a magnetic storm when it impacts the Earth's own magnetic field.
- The tropical storm force winds are likely to be impacting the southeast Florida coast by then, and the hurricane force winds will likely reach the coast by tomorrow night.
- 2 (affect)to impact
onsomethingtener un impacto sobrealgoExample sentences
- As groups, they were expected to retain strong cultural links that impacted on family structures and child raising patterns.
- Name one sport, one hobby or one past-time that hasn't been impacted on by the times we live in.
- No other media seemed to realize that Bermuda was impacted on a very large scale.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.