noun/nombreu and c /ˈɪmpækt/
- 1.1 (in collision) impacto (masculine) it exploded on impact estalló al hacer impactoMore example sentences1.2 (effect) impacto (masculine) what will the environmental impact of these measures be? ¿qué impacto tendrán estas medidas sobre el medio ambiente? the movie had a major impact on public opinion la película impactó a or tuvo un gran impacto sobre la opinión pública this will have little impact on the budget deficit esto hará muy poca mella en el déficit presupuestario
More example sentences
- It is believed he died from multiple injuries caused by the impact of the collisions.
- This technique allows the sole of the club to contact the grass at impact and slide easily under the ball.
- She said the impact of the smash knocked the door off its hinges.
- The adverse effect immediately made an impact on the company's financial performance.
- All these influences have had an impact on me becoming who and what I am today.
- Moreover, advances in medicine and medical technology have had a marked impact on the process of dying.
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo/ɪmˈpækt/
- 1.1 (strike) hacer* impacto to impact
againsto onsth chocar* contraor hacer* impacto conalgo 1.2 (affect) to impact onsth tener* un impacto sobrealgo
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Spain had three civil wars known as the guerras carlistas (1833-39, 1860, 1872-76). When Fernando VII died in 1833, he was succeeded not by his brother the Infante Don Carlos de Borbón, but by his daughter Isabel, under the regency of her mother María Cristina. This provoked a mainly northern-Spanish revolt, with local guerrillas pitted against the forces of the central government. The Carlist Wars were also a confrontation between conservative rural Catholic Spain, especially the Basque provinces and Aragón, led by the carlistas, and the progressive liberal urban middle classes allied with the army. Carlos died in 1855, but the carlistas, representing political and religious traditionalism, supported his descendants' claims until reconciliation in 1977 with King Juan Carlos.