Translation of imply in Spanish:
transitive verb implies, implying, implied
- 1 (suggest, hint)dar a entenderhe didn't say that, but he did imply it
insinuarno dijo eso, pero lo dio a entender or lo insinuósilence implies consentel que calla otorgawhat are you implying?¿qué insinúas?implied warranty (American English)
¿qué quieres decir?garantía (feminine) implícitaExample sentences
- Her words were ripped out of context and her speech was widely reported as implying her support for terrorism.
- The rebirth implied by the concept of the Renaissance had reference to classical learning.
- These data imply that kava extract is superior to placebo as a symptomatic treatment of anxiety.
- 2 (involve)Example sentences
- Caring about the consequences of events of which you disapproved does not imply support for those events.
- To suggest so implies a deep misunderstanding of the nature of consciousness.
- Of course, that one doesn't protest about a thing doesn't necessarily imply endorsement of it.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.