Translation of imply in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo (implies, implying, implied)
- 1 (suggest, hint) dar* a entender, insinuar* he didn't say that, but he did imply it no dijo eso, pero lo dio a entender or lo insinuó silence implies consent el que calla otorga what are you implying? ¿qué insinúas?, ¿qué quieres decir? implied warranty (American English/inglés norteamericano) garantía (feminine) implícitaExample sentences
- Her words were ripped out of context and her speech was widely reported as implying her support for terrorism.
- The rebirth implied by the concept of the Renaissance had reference to classical learning.
- These data imply that kava extract is superior to placebo as a symptomatic treatment of anxiety.
- 2 (involve) implicar*, suponer*Example sentences
- Caring about the consequences of events of which you disapproved does not imply support for those events.
- To suggest so implies a deep misunderstanding of the nature of consciousness.
- Of course, that one doesn't protest about a thing doesn't necessarily imply endorsement of it.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Venezuela, pasapalo is small portions of food that are usually served with drinks at parties, bars, and social get-togethers.