- 1.1 (materially, intellectually) empobrecer*More example sentences
More example sentences1.2 [soil/land] empobrecer*
- The shirts will then be distributed to some of the most impoverished areas of the Macedonian capital.
- The costs of treatment or even testing for the disease is seen as prohibitive in such impoverished areas.
- Such companies, the argument goes, exploit poor workers abroad and impoverish workers at home by moving capital overseas.
- Prolonged military confrontation… will impoverish our resources and strength, while retarding our march to civilization by at least a hundred years.
- They impoverish soil and destroy habitat, including wetlands.
- All those obscenities and repeated slang phrases may be authentic but they tend to impoverish the language of his books.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
La movida madrileña is an expression referring to the Madrid social and cultural scene of the late 1970s and early 1980s, and the people involved in it. It was a youth phenomenon based around night spots in the city, such as the now defunct club Rock-Ola. One of the leading lights of the movida was the movie director Pedro Almodóvar.