Translation of impractical in Spanish:
- 1.1 [plan/idea/suggestion] poco práctico to be impractical no ser* prácticoExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 [person] poco práctico, falto de sentido práctico
- In a 1986 book, Matsunaga came up with a brilliant, idealistic, impractical, and visionary idea.
- A very romantic nature can establish impractical or uncertain objectives.
- We hope he will join us in looking for realistic proposals to solve this problem instead of inventing impractical schemes like some latter day Walter Mitty.
- Urine tests for alcohol proved to be just as impractical in the field as blood sampling.
- India, for instance, makes short-term assignments impractical because of laborious visa requirements.
- If a site is extremely large, it becomes impractical to create and maintain an A-Z index for it.
- People who are smart but don't get things done often have PhDs and work in big companies where nobody listens to them because they are completely impractical.
- She had certainly been an attractive woman but, as he soon discovered, she was also impractical, ineffectual and, above all, conventional.
- Academics are supposed to be the impractical ones: the theorists.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
A patera is a boat with a shallow draft, used by illegal immigrants, known as balseros, to cross the Straits of Gibraltar from Morocco to southern Spain.