Translation of impregnable in Spanish:
- 1.1 [rampart/fortress] inexpugnable, impenetrable; [barrier/organization] impenetrableExample sentences1.2 (unassailable) [argument] irrebatible, irrefutable the champion is now in an impregnable position el campeón está ahora en una posición invulnerable
- Labyrinthine streets of ancient slum housing traversed the steep hill up to the impregnable city walls.
- Incredibly sturdy, it had been built to serve as a nuclear bomb shelter if necessary, supposedly an impregnable fortress of civil defense.
- Yes sir, but we think that the position is impregnable and we can hold it against far superior forces.
- He's seen what looked like an impregnable 22-point lead slashed to just two ahead of me.
- The victory stretched their 100 percent winning sequence to 19 matches and they now have an impregnable nine point lead at the top.
- Then, without warning, you've got the world's number one goalkeeper in self-destruct mode, the England captain glancing an own goal home and a seemingly impregnable lead overturned.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The Premios Goya del cine español is the Spanish equivalent of Oscars, awarded in January every year by the AACC (Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Cinematográficas de España). The winners receive a bust of the painter Goya.