- 1.1 [rampart/fortress] inexpugnable, impenetrable; [barrier/organization] impenetrableMore example sentences1.2 (unassailable) [argument] irrebatible, irrefutable the champion is now in an impregnable position el campeón está ahora en una posición invulnerable
More example sentences
- Labyrinthine streets of ancient slum housing traversed the steep hill up to the impregnable city walls.
- Incredibly sturdy, it had been built to serve as a nuclear bomb shelter if necessary, supposedly an impregnable fortress of civil defense.
- Yes sir, but we think that the position is impregnable and we can hold it against far superior forces.
- He's seen what looked like an impregnable 22-point lead slashed to just two ahead of me.
- The victory stretched their 100 percent winning sequence to 19 matches and they now have an impregnable nine point lead at the top.
- Then, without warning, you've got the world's number one goalkeeper in self-destruct mode, the England captain glancing an own goal home and a seemingly impregnable lead overturned.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Pulque is a thick, white, Mexican alcoholic drink made from fermented maguey juice; the sacred drink of the Aztecs. It is drunk without being aged, sometimes with added fruit or vegetable juice. Pulquerías are bars where it is drunk.