nuncountable or countable/no numerable o numerable
- 1.1 (in design, situation) mejora (feminine); (in health) mejoría (feminine) you're getting better, but there's still plenty of room for improvement has mejorado pero todavía puedes mejorar mucho más if you comb your hair, it will be a big improvement estarás mucho mejor si te peinas to be an improvement
onsth ser* mejor queor superior aalgo his new girlfriend is a definite improvement on the previous one no cabe duda de que su nueva novia es mucho mejor que or muy superior a la anterior her time is an improvement on the world record su tiempo mejora el récord mundial an attempt at self-improvement un intento de superarse como personaMore example sentences
More example sentences1.2
- Latin American markets have also been boosted by improvements in their domestic economies.
- Eden District Council said the development would also bring improvements to the road.
- It is hoped that the results will help them find out how to make improvements and developments.
(improvements plural)mejoras (feminine plural) to make improvements hacer* mejoras
- Overall 29 per cent of crimes in Wiltshire were detected, an improvement on last year.
- This was a vast improvement on their awful form in the Connacht Final against Mayo in Castlebar.
- In general farmers agree the weather is an improvement on last summer when rain was non-stop.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Cortes Generales is the Spanish Parliament, consisting of two houses, the lower house or Congreso de los Diputados and the upper house or Senado. It is a legislative body, approves state budgets, and exercises other powers relating to international treaties and agreements, the autonomous regions and appointments to posts in institutions such as the Tribunal Constitucional.