noun/nombreu and c
- 1.1 (in design, situation) mejora (feminine); (in health) mejoría (feminine) you're getting better, but there's still plenty of room for improvement has mejorado pero todavía puedes mejorar mucho más if you comb your hair, it will be a big improvement estarás mucho mejor si te peinas to be an improvement
onsth ser* mejor queor superior aalgo his new girlfriend is a definite improvement on the previous one no cabe duda de que su nueva novia es mucho mejor que or muy superior a la anterior her time is an improvement on the world record su tiempo mejora el récord mundial an attempt at self-improvement un intento de superarse como personaMore example sentences
More example sentences1.2
- Latin American markets have also been boosted by improvements in their domestic economies.
- Eden District Council said the development would also bring improvements to the road.
- It is hoped that the results will help them find out how to make improvements and developments.
(improvements plural)mejoras (feminine plural) to make improvements hacer* mejoras
- Overall 29 per cent of crimes in Wiltshire were detected, an improvement on last year.
- This was a vast improvement on their awful form in the Connacht Final against Mayo in Castlebar.
- In general farmers agree the weather is an improvement on last summer when rain was non-stop.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Spain, a ración is a serving of food eaten in a bar or cafe, generally with a drink. Friends or relatives meet in a bar or cafe, order a number of raciones, and share them.