Translation of improvement in Spanish:
noun/nombreu and c
- 1.1 (in design, situation) mejora (feminine); (in health) mejoría (feminine) you're getting better, but there's still plenty of room for improvement has mejorado pero todavía puedes mejorar mucho más if you comb your hair, it will be a big improvement estarás mucho mejor si te peinas to be an improvement
onsth ser* mejor queor superior aalgo his new girlfriend is a definite improvement on the previous one no cabe duda de que su nueva novia es mucho mejor que or muy superior a la anterior her time is an improvement on the world record su tiempo mejora el récord mundial an attempt at self-improvement un intento de superarse como personaExample sentences
- Latin American markets have also been boosted by improvements in their domestic economies.
- Eden District Council said the development would also bring improvements to the road.
- It is hoped that the results will help them find out how to make improvements and developments.
(improvements plural)mejoras (feminine plural) to make improvements hacer* mejoras
- Overall 29 per cent of crimes in Wiltshire were detected, an improvement on last year.
- This was a vast improvement on their awful form in the Connacht Final against Mayo in Castlebar.
- In general farmers agree the weather is an improvement on last summer when rain was non-stop.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Primaria is the name given in Spain to the first of the two compulsory levels of education. It is for pupils between six and twelve years of age and leads to the