Translation of improvement in Spanish:
noununcountable and countable
- 1.1 (in design, situation)(in health)you're getting better, but there's still plenty of room for improvementif you comb your hair, it will be a big improvementhas mejorado pero todavía puedes mejorar mucho másto be an improvementestarás mucho mejor si te peinas
onsomethinghis new girlfriend is a definite improvement on the previous oneser mejor queor superior aalgoher time is an improvement on the world recordno cabe duda de que su nueva novia es mucho mejor que or muy superior a la anterioran attempt at self-improvementsu tiempo mejora el récord mundialun intento de superarse como personaExample sentences
- Latin American markets have also been boosted by improvements in their domestic economies.
- Eden District Council said the development would also bring improvements to the road.
- It is hoped that the results will help them find out how to make improvements and developments.
also: improvements pluralto make improvementsmejoras (feminine plural)hacer mejoras
- Overall 29 per cent of crimes in Wiltshire were detected, an improvement on last year.
- This was a vast improvement on their awful form in the Connacht Final against Mayo in Castlebar.
- In general farmers agree the weather is an improvement on last summer when rain was non-stop.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Spain, a geographical, social, and culturally homogeneous region, with a clear natural or administrative demarcation is called a comarca. Comarcas are normally smaller than