- 1.1 (in design, situation) mejora (f); (in health) mejoría (f) you're getting better, but there's still plenty of room for improvement has mejorado pero todavía puedes mejorar mucho más if you comb your hair, it will be a big improvement estarás mucho mejor si te peinas to be an improvement
onsth ser* mejor queor superior aalgo his new girlfriend is a definite improvement on the previous one no cabe duda de que su nueva novia es mucho mejor que or muy superior a la anterior her time is an improvement on the world record su tiempo mejora el récord mundial an attempt at self-improvement un intento de superarse como personaMore example sentences
More example sentences1.2
- Latin American markets have also been boosted by improvements in their domestic economies.
- Eden District Council said the development would also bring improvements to the road.
- It is hoped that the results will help them find out how to make improvements and developments.
(improvements pl)mejoras (fpl) to make improvements hacer* mejoras
- Overall 29 per cent of crimes in Wiltshire were detected, an improvement on last year.
- This was a vast improvement on their awful form in the Connacht Final against Mayo in Castlebar.
- In general farmers agree the weather is an improvement on last summer when rain was non-stop.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Santería is a religious cult, fusing African beliefs and Catholicism, which developed among African Yoruba slaves in Cuba. Followers believe both in a single supreme being and also in orishas, deities who each share an identity with a Christian saint and who combine a force of nature with human characteristics. Rituals involve music, dancing, sacrificial offerings, divination, and going into trances.