Translation of improvement in Spanish:
noununcountable and countable
- 1.1 (in design, situation)(in health)you're getting better, but there's still plenty of room for improvement
mejoría (feminine)has mejorado pero todavía puedes mejorar mucho másif you comb your hair, it will be a big improvementestarás mucho mejor si te peinasto be an improvement
onsomethingser mejorhis new girlfriend is a definite improvement on the previous one queor superior aalgono cabe duda de que su nueva novia es mucho mejor que or muy superior a la anteriorher time is an improvement on the world recordsu tiempo mejora el récord mundialan attempt at self-improvementun intento de superarse como personaExample sentences
- Latin American markets have also been boosted by improvements in their domestic economies.
- Eden District Council said the development would also bring improvements to the road.
- It is hoped that the results will help them find out how to make improvements and developments.
also: improvements pluralmejoras (feminine plural)to make improvementshacer mejoras
- Overall 29 per cent of crimes in Wiltshire were detected, an improvement on last year.
- This was a vast improvement on their awful form in the Connacht Final against Mayo in Castlebar.
- In general farmers agree the weather is an improvement on last summer when rain was non-stop.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.