Translation of impulse in Spanish:
- 1.1 (urge) my first impulse was to stop hermi primer impulso fue pararlaacting on (an) impulsellevado por un impulsoon impulse, I ran after hersin pensarlo, salí corriendo tras ellaI had a sudden, wild impulse to start shoutingde repente me entraron unas ganas locas de ponerme a gritar(before noun) it was an impulse buylo compré en un impulso
fue una compra impulsivaExample sentences1.2 (impetus, force) electrical/nerve impulse
impulso eléctrico/nerviosoExample sentences
- Bergman wants to portray the powerful, often destructive desires and impulses lying beneath placid social exteriors.
- I had a sudden impulse to tell the woman pouring the wine that I loved her.
- Driven by a mad impulse, I strolled up to the road in front of the cab, and stood before it.
- Even so, in this process the educated must provide the initial impulse; they must make the masses conscious of themselves and of their destiny.
- The individual provides the impulse which sets the process of litigation in motion, but the institution - the law - defines the terms.
- One of the main impulses for devolution in the 1980s and 1990s was the need to defend the social democratic settlement in Scotland and Wales from the neo-liberal attack.
- This will open the door for the realization that man exists within a huge field of gravitational and magnetic impulses.
- The process of minimizing an impact force can be approached from the definition of the impulse of force.
- This hypothesis has been around for decades and the study of it has failed to generate enough positive data to lead us to believe that sound waves instead of ion flux is how impulses are generated.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.