- 1.1 (urge) impulso (masculine) my first impulse was to stop her mi primer impulso fue pararla acting on (an) impulse llevado por un impulso on impulse, I ran after her sin pensarlo, salí corriendo tras ella I had a sudden, wild impulse to start shouting de repente me entraron unas ganas locas de ponerme a gritar (before noun/delante del nombre) it was an impulse buy lo compré en un impulso, fue una compra impulsiva impulse buying compras (feminine plural) impulsivasMore example sentences1.2 (impetus, force) impulso (masculine) electrical/nerve impulse impulso eléctrico/nervioso
More example sentences
- Bergman wants to portray the powerful, often destructive desires and impulses lying beneath placid social exteriors.
- I had a sudden impulse to tell the woman pouring the wine that I loved her.
- Driven by a mad impulse, I strolled up to the road in front of the cab, and stood before it.
More example sentences
- Even so, in this process the educated must provide the initial impulse; they must make the masses conscious of themselves and of their destiny.
- The individual provides the impulse which sets the process of litigation in motion, but the institution - the law - defines the terms.
- One of the main impulses for devolution in the 1980s and 1990s was the need to defend the social democratic settlement in Scotland and Wales from the neo-liberal attack.
- This will open the door for the realization that man exists within a huge field of gravitational and magnetic impulses.
- The process of minimizing an impact force can be approached from the definition of the impulse of force.
- This hypothesis has been around for decades and the study of it has failed to generate enough positive data to lead us to believe that sound waves instead of ion flux is how impulses are generated.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The Cortes Generales is the Spanish Parliament, consisting of two houses, the lower house or Congreso de los Diputados and the upper house or Senado. It is a legislative body, approves state budgets, and exercises other powers relating to international treaties and agreements, the autonomous regions and appointments to posts in institutions such as the Tribunal Constitucional.