Translation of inadequate in Spanish:
- 1.1 [resources/measures/supply] insuficiente, inadecuado the sum set aside was inadequate la suma que se había destinado era insuficiente or inadecuadaExample sentences1.2 [person] inepto, incompetente she felt inadequate (for a particular task) se sentía inepta or incompetente (in general) sentía que no estaba a la altura de las circunstancias
- We accused her of giving inadequate funding to our schools but when we requested an interview she declined.
- He said government funding was inadequate and had failed to keep up with rising costs.
- The system appears to be inadequate for the present requirements of the village.
- Roland, Gabriel and I had been prepared for this battle, but still we were inadequate.
- Valentine's day may be a conspiracy to make single people feel inadequate.
- The power to make and break little lives can sometimes make people feel inadequate and uncomfortable.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
A patera is a boat with a shallow draft, used by illegal immigrants, known as balseros, to cross the Straits of Gibraltar from Morocco to southern Spain.