Translation of inadequate in Spanish:
- 1.1 the sum set aside was inadequatela suma que se había destinado era insuficiente or inadecuadaExample sentences1.2 she felt inadequate
(for a particular task)
- We accused her of giving inadequate funding to our schools but when we requested an interview she declined.
- He said government funding was inadequate and had failed to keep up with rising costs.
- The system appears to be inadequate for the present requirements of the village.
se sentía inepta or incompetente(in general)
sentía que no estaba a la altura de las circunstanciasExample sentences
- Roland, Gabriel and I had been prepared for this battle, but still we were inadequate.
- Valentine's day may be a conspiracy to make single people feel inadequate.
- The power to make and break little lives can sometimes make people feel inadequate and uncomfortable.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.