Translation of inadequate in Spanish:
- 1.1 the sum set aside was inadequatela suma que se había destinado era insuficiente or inadecuadaExample sentences1.2 she felt inadequate
(for a particular task)se sentía inepta or incompetente(in general)sentía que no estaba a la altura de las circunstanciasExample sentences
- We accused her of giving inadequate funding to our schools but when we requested an interview she declined.
- He said government funding was inadequate and had failed to keep up with rising costs.
- The system appears to be inadequate for the present requirements of the village.
- Roland, Gabriel and I had been prepared for this battle, but still we were inadequate.
- Valentine's day may be a conspiracy to make single people feel inadequate.
- The power to make and break little lives can sometimes make people feel inadequate and uncomfortable.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.