Translation of inarticulate in Spanish:
- 1 (in speech)(babbling/grunt)
inarticulado(person)she was inarticulate with rage
con dificultad para expresarseno podía hablar de lo furiosa que estabaExample sentences
- He becomes completely inarticulate and unable to close the deal, as it were, because he loves her too much!
- It's the one where he played a dumb sullen inarticulate Brooklyn paint-store clerk.
- He was verbally inarticulate and could not enunciate a clear concept or formulate ideas.
- He's a little dumbfounded at reviews of the film that criticize the repetitiveness of some dialogue or inarticulate speech, two of the aspects that make the film feel true.
- Paradoxically, his inarticulate speech and inchoate thinking vividly express his frustration and anger: he has no skills with which to cope effectively with the inevitable set-backs of his life.
- I would think long and hard before assuming that inarticulate speech and a gift for malapropism are indicators of stupidity.
- 2 (Zoology)Example sentences
- The Discinids are a small long-lived group of inarticulate brachiopods with chitinophosphatic shells.
- The Brachiopoda for example, was present, but greatest diversity was shown by inarticulate brachiopods (like the one in the upper middle, from the Upper Cambrian of Iowa).
- Quasimodaspis, along with the inarticulate brachiopods that are the only other fossils so far recovered from this locality, was probably transported from a shallower facies.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.