Translation of incapable in Spanish:
- 1.1 (not able) to be incapable
of -ingser* incapaz de+ infinitive/infinitivohe is incapable of taking a simple decision es incapaz de tomar una simple decisión she is incapable of jealousy/generosity es incapaz de sentir celos/obrar con generosidadExample sentences1.2 (helpless) inútil, incapaz I'm not totally incapable no soy totalmente inútil or incapaz
Example sentences1.3 (not susceptible)incapable
- I was absolutely demolished, emotionally wrung dry, incapable of coherent speech for a half-hour or so afterwards.
- Now 78, Eduardo is wheelchair bound, alert but incapable of speech.
- The person exempted from serious evaluation, after all, is someone considered incapable of significant achievement.
- Lawyers prepare the necessary Enduring Powers of Attorney documents which allow you to appoint someone you trust to manage your affairs if you become incapable.
- Furthermore, those charged with supervising the company on our behalf and protecting our savings were either incapable or unable to force the insurer to live in the real world.
- He was arrested for being drunk and incapable and was taken to Toller Lane police station in Bradford, where he was locked up and placed under half-hourly observation.
ofsth [formal] this problem seems incapable of solution este problema parece ser insoluble [formal] the project is incapable of completion el proyecto no puede llevarse a término [formal]Example sentences
- Attempts by the United Nations to broker a deal have foundered, allowing the problem to fester and become a sore incapable of being healed.
- A possible explanation is that the human eye and brain are incapable of processing all the necessary visual information to apply the rule
- And Burge's proposal seems incapable of explaining how they are possible.
- But once opportunity offered she was incapable of refusing…
- Holst said of him that he ‘never joined in the ordinary hatred of Germany; he was utterly incapable of hatred under any provocation whatsoever’.
- What he did say was that he wanted to be able to have the right to take his own life. He was incapable of doing anything for himself, he felt that he was a burden on his family, he was unhappy and he felt that now was the time to go.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Sherry is produced in an area of chalky soil known as albariza lying between the towns of Puerto de Santa María, Sanlúcar de Barrameda, and Jerez de la Frontera in Cádiz province. It is from Jerez that sherry takes its English name. Sherries, made from grape varieties including Palomino and Pedro Ximénez, are drunk worldwide as an aperitif, and in Spain as an accompaniment to