Translation of incarnate in Spanish:
adjectiveAmerican English: /ɪnˈkɑrnət/ , /ɪnˈkɑrˌneɪt/ British English: /ɪnˈkɑːnət/
- [literary] (usually predicative) she is the devil incarnatees el demonio encarnado or personificadothe Word Incarnateel Verbo encarnado or hecho carneExample sentences
- Correct Orthodox belief says that Christ has one indivisible nature, human and divine, godhead and humanity fused and inseparable, that the incarnate Christ was fully human and fully divine at one and the same time.
- Herbert takes the incarnation with absolute literalness, often simply identifying the incarnate Christ with God.
- Firstly, it is the incarnate Christ who reveals the Father, while yet veiling the sinner from God's burning holiness.
- Whoever this being was, he seemed to represent beauty incarnate.
- This album is madness, suffering, pain, and sorrow incarnate.
transitive verbAmerican English: /ˈɪnˌkɑrnˌeɪt/ British English: /ˈɪnkɑːneɪt/ , /ɪnˈkɑːneɪt/
- [literary]Example sentences
- Webb says his band is called not to create the newest, most innovative style of worship but to pursue excellence and incarnate Christ in the arena of music.
- These were said to incarnate the spirit of their gods and their death was followed by a period of national mourning.
- You will be incarnated as a human to be a Buddha and save all beings.
- The memorial thus incarnates an assumption of African primitivism that suggests that the intended audience is in fact Western tourists.
- Since 1857 Hali, Sir Syed and Shibli adopted the new trend of ghazals written in such a way that they incarnated deep thoughts.
- Contemplating the amazing variety of forms and styles in which Picasso incarnates sexual ideas, you could make a case that Picasso was less interested in sex per se than in how he could exploit it for the sake of art.
- She also incarnates expatriate women, like Hooda, living in exile in London and perpetually nursing her Scotch, and the American woman watching CNN in dismay.
- The reason for pre-eminence recognized in Peter is that he incarnates the unity and universality of the church.
- Strong-willed, sexually voracious Alys Robi in Ma vie en cinemascope incarnates the spirit of Quebec and its contradictions.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.