Translation of incendiary in Spanish:
- In addition, it is believed they possess crude electronic devices capable of triggering incendiary bombs.
- These grenades were both fragmentary and incendiary devices designed to cause either death or serious battlefield injuries.
- In the High Street two huge concrete water tanks were erected to provide emergency supplies to fight fires if any incendiary devices were dropped.
- Here, in order from least to most effective, is a look at how some people are using incendiary rhetoric, creative accounting and contract law to dodge the Revenue Canada taxman.
- This incendiary rhetoric, Chege believes, helped fuel the Rwandan civil war of 1994 in which 850,000 Tutsi died.
- Despite Daniels's incendiary rhetoric about gays, when asked by CNN's Paula Zahn if he was homophobic, he said no.
noun plural incendiaries
- 1 (bomb)Example sentences
- That night airships dropped high explosive bombs and incendiaries on Bradley, Tipton, Wednesbury and Walsall.
- Included were artillery shells, phosphorous flares, mortars, incendiaries and cluster bombs.
- The British found that night bombing and incendiaries greatly increased their coercive power.
- 2 (arsonist) [formal]pirómano, (-na) (masculine, feminine)
incendiario, (-ria) (masculine, feminine)Example sentences
- Reports arrived to say incendiaries had set fire to the top of the telephone exchange and once again stirrup pumps and buckets of water were rushed upstairs where the ceiling above the equipment was burning steadily.
- In his painstaking The Reichstag Fire: Legend and Truth, Fritz Tobias concluded that the fire was the work of a lone incendiary, Marinus van der Lubbe.
- This was something the Anglo-Saxons seem to have understood, as their legislation focused on malicious destruction of single trees by incendiaries, not willful setting of forest fires.
- After the Boston Tea Party, Franklin was brought before the Privy Council, and denounced by Wedderburn, the solicitor-general, as a mischievous incendiary and a man no one could trust.
- More than a great incendiary, Don is a revolutionary thinker.
- He claimed that ‘She was an incendiary who has given unyielding support to violence’.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.