Translation of incontinent in Spanish:
- 1 (Medicine)Example sentences
- Two-hourly reminders to void may control many incontinent people, especially in the nursing home.
- A patient who is diabetic, receiving antibiotics or immunosuppressive therapy incontinent, or perspiring heavily faces additional risk: he or she could acquire a fungal skin infection.
- This covers the initial error and later events, when I went into retention a third time, lost the sensation of urination, and was doubly incontinent with diminished sensation in the genital region.
- 2 2.1 (unrestrained) [literary] 2.2 (licentious) [archaic] [euphemistic]Example sentences
- In this case ‘FU’ is a shorthand employed by party whips to describe sexually incontinent MPs who have thus far managed to keep their sordid secrets from their spouses but not the party managers.
- Some people - say, for example, certain sexually incontinent recovering Catholics - just don't take well to compromise, no matter how much or how little.
- Worse, instead of picking up plaudits and slowly building up a power base in Washington she found herself being derided as a doormat for her sexually incontinent husband.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.