Translation of increase in Spanish:
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo/ɪnˈkriːs/
- [number/size] aumentar; [prices] aumentar, subir; [influence/popularity] crecer*, aumentar; [trade/output/production] aumentar, incrementarse [formal]; [wealth/knowledge/power/crime] aumentar; [pain/love/joy] aumentar; [temperature/pressure] aumentar, subir; [speed/rate] aumentar; [wind/rain] arreciarto increase
insth to increase in size/weight aumentar de tamaño/peso to increase in number/popularity/importance crecer* en número/popularidad/importancia to increase in length alargarse*, extenderse* to increase in value aumentar de valor, revalorizarse*Example sentences
- They had the choice of increasing the size of the dairy herd or changing the system completely.
- The operators are reducing the amount they pay out and increasing the amount they take in.
- The core of the movement has been increasing in size and in depth of knowledge.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo/ɪnˈkriːs/
- [number/size] aumentar; [prices] aumentar, subir; [trade/output] aumentar, incrementar [formal]; [wealth/knowledge] aumentar, acrecentar*; [noise/difficulty/pain/joy] aumentar we are increasing our efforts to find them estamos multiplicando or redoblando nuestros esfuerzos para encontrarlos it will increase your chances te dará más posibilidades with increased efficiency con mayor eficiencia his increased popularity is due in part to … su mayor popularidad se debe en parte a …
noun/nombreu and c /ˈɪnkriːs/
- 1.1 aumento (masculine), incremento (masculine) [formal] a rent/price increase un aumento del alquiler/precio an increase of 30% in the number of applicants un aumento del 30% en el número de candidatos to be on the increase estar* en aumento, ir* en aumento drug-taking is still on the increase el consumo de drogas sigue en aumento 1.2 (rise in pay) aumento (masculine)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Spain, a gestoría is an office that deals with government agencies on behalf of its clients. It is common practice to use a gestoría to avoid the problems of dealing with Spanish bureaucracy, despite the cost involved.