Translation of indeed in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (as intensifier/como palabra enfática) thank you very much indeed muchísimas gracias she was very late indeed llegó tardísimo he's painted it very well indeed lo ha pintado realmente or verdaderamente bienExample sentences1.2 (emphatic) this is indeed a great privilege este es un auténtico or verdadero privilegio this is indeed bad news esto sí que es una mala noticia what a lovely evening! — yes indeed! ¡que noche más agradable! — ¡ya lo creo! or ¡sí, por cierto! 1.3 (in response to question) do you like champagne? — indeed I do o I do indeed ¿te gusta el champán? — ¡si me gustará … ! or sí, mucho are you Miss Hunt? — indeed I am ¿es usted la señorita Hunt? — en efecto or así es I believe we've met before — indeed we have, a couple of years ago creo que nos conocemos — en efecto or así es, nos conocimos hace un par de años shall we go? — why not indeed? ¿vamos? — pues ¿por qué no?
- And so it was that I spent most of the day pulling up small clumps of grass from the gravel drive. Best described as very Zen indeed.
- He painted a pretty grim picture indeed of what he described as the perilous state of health services, in Kerry.
- For those who have dived upon an untouched shipwreck the experience is described as very moving indeed.
- 2 2.1 (in fact) I checked, and the wheel was indeed loose fui a ver y comprobé que, en efecto, la rueda estaba suelta most of the staff, and indeed most of the managers, were involved la mayor parte del personal, e incluso or inclusive de la directiva, estaba implicada 2.2 (indicating possibility) I may indeed return one day puede ser que algún día vuelva if indeed he is right si es que tiene razón this may indeed be the case, but … quizás sea así or no digo que no sea así, pero …Example sentences2.3 (what is more) (sentence adv) the situation hasn't improved; indeed it has worsened la situación no ha mejorado; es más: ha empeorado a rare, indeed unique, example un ejemplo, ya no poco común, sino único
- These are dramatic figures which suggest something is indeed seriously awry with Bermuda's black men.
- First, it suggests that there is indeed a distinction between affective and normative commitment.
- As you no doubt suspected or has already been confirmed, it was indeed a suicide.
- McCarthy played very well when introduced and, indeed, finished as his side's top scorer.
- Never mind that Neon Lights is totally void of a well-constructed song, or indeed a strong vocal performance.
- Adding to my surprise, and, indeed, to that of the viewers around the globe, was his sharp memory and mental alertness.
- 3 (in response to statement) she says she's fat — fat indeed! dice que está gorda — sí, ya, gordísima [ironic] he says he can do it better — does he indeed? dice que él lo puede hacer mejor — ¡no me digas! I hear she's getting married — (is she) indeed? he oído que se casa — ¿de veras? or ¡no me digas!Example sentences
- How, indeed, had a boy who looked not much older then she did survive all alone in the woods with all kinds of dangers?
- ‘That will show them. "More like a grocer than a burglar" indeed! Well, we'll hear no more of that.’
- So this was his last adventure! Haunted indeed! That beautiful devil!
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The Premios Goya del cine español is the Spanish equivalent of Oscars, awarded in January every year by the AACC (Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Cinematográficas de España). The winners receive a bust of the painter Goya.