Translation of indefinite in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (with no fixed limit) (usually before noun) he was granted indefinite leave of absencese le concedió permiso por tiempo indeterminadose le concedió licencia por tiempo indeterminado (Latin America)Example sentences1.2 (vague)
- Until recently, though, they failed to do so, and Chapters capitalized on this reluctance by deferring payments - to everyone - for an almost indefinite length.
- In most cases, such detail is stored for indefinite lengths of time.
- Readers of the Star Tribune will remain in their cloud of unknowing for the indefinite future.
- Most mainstream politics have capitulated to the normalization of a state of indefinite, vague and continuous low-level war.
- But should so vague and indefinite a threat to peace be sufficient reason for military intervention?
- The water is deep here and such a dark blue that the lines of the tiles at the bottom are obscured, indefinite.
- 2 (Linguistics)(article/pronoun)
- A sentence stating that something exists, usually consisting of there, the verb be, and an indefinite noun phrase: There's a tavern in the town.
- On this account, it is the polysemy of the indefinite article that gives rise to the ambiguity of the indefinite noun phrase.
- While bare plurals are ambiguous between the two readings, indefinite singulars can only refer to a rule or a regulation.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.