Translation of indemnity in Spanish:
noun plural -ties
- 1 (Finance) 1.1 uncountable (insurance)indemnity (
againstsomething)Example sentences1.2 countable (compensation)indemnity (
- Protection and indemnity insurance protects against third parties and environmental damage.
- That is, no claim other than the claims for indemnity under the insurance policies: in contemplation at the time of entering into the deed.
- As the accounts stated, the loss was due to claims under a policy written for the solicitors' indemnity fund and for bad debts on reinsurance recoveries.
- This community was supposed to be regulated by balance, and that at least the major powers had a right to expect compensation and indemnities to maintain it.
- The money, he said, was an indemnity from the Argentine government for jailing him during the last military regime.
- In addition to military restrictions, peace settlements imposed on those states defeated in war have normally entailed measures of economic recompense, in the form of indemnities and reparations.
- 2 uncountable (exemption)Example sentences
- The difference, however, is that the risk has not been excluded from the policy and therefore, we have always been providing an indemnity in respect of legal liability for such claims.
- The copyright owner provides no warranties or indemnities to the licencee, other than any that may be imposed by law.
- Even without the terms of a trust deed, an indemnity would arise, naturally, from the Trustee's office, Octavo Investments v Knight, for example.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.