transitive verbAmerican English: /ɪnˈdɛnt/ British English: /ɪnˈdɛnt/
- 1.1 (set in)(line/paragraph)Example sentences
Example sentences1.2 (form recesses in) See examples:an indented coast line
- It begins with a line containing ‘help’, followed by a number of lines of help text that are indented two spaces from the help line.
- However, indenting a line with any whitespace means that it continues the data from the previous line.
- It is traditional to place extra colons at the beginning and end of each field when they are given on separate lines, as in this example, with all continuation lines indented by a tab.
un litoral recortado or accidentado
- The Brinell hardness test consists in indenting the metal surface with a 10-mm-diameter steel ball at a load of 3,000 kg mass.
- To measure the complex microrheology of the cells, beaded probes were used to indent the surface at a specified location on each cell.
- The Giant's Causeway is off the north coast and Belfast Lough indents the south-east coastline.
intransitive verbAmerican English: /ɪnˈdɛnt/ British English: /ɪnˈdɛnt/
nounAmerican English: /ɪnˈdɛnt/ , /ˈɪnˌdɛnt/ British English: /ˈɪndɛnt/
- (notch)(surface/edge)dejar marcas enExample sentences
- We were engulfed by the sudden darkness, and I leaned out the window to press on a slightly indented part of the wall - a button for the secret underground compartment.
- I try again, pressing harder, but the back of the knife handle indents my forefinger much more readily than the cutting edge scores the rock.
- Wake up, get out of bed, remove your butt from that indented sofa cushion and take a long overdue vacation from ‘media land!’
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Today is Aberri Eguna, Basque national day, and a public holiday in the Basque country of Spain.