Translation of index in Spanish:
- 1 1.1(plural indexes)(in book, journal) índice (masculine)Example sentences1.2 (list) lista (feminine) the Index [Religion/Religión] el Índice
- Endnotes, bibliography, and an index of names and subjects facilitate scholarly use and quick reference.
- It contains 648 pages of text, spread over 39 chapters and an epilogue, as well as a subject and a name index, each of which takes up 26 pages.
- Helpful appendices, extensive references, and subject and name indices conclude the volume.
- Examples of finding aids include collection indexes, inventories, registers and guides.
- Some libraries have created indexes to these works.
- All library items are listed through a main author, title, and subject index.
- 2(plural indexes o, indices)2.1 (numerical scale) [Economics/Economía] [Finance] índice (masculine) the retail price index el índice de precios al consumo the Dow Jones index el índice de Dow Jones (before noun/delante del nombre) index number índice (masculine) 2.2 (number, ratio) índice (masculine) refractive index índice de refracción 2.3 (indication, sign) [formal] index
ofsth señal (feminine) or índice (masculine) dealgoExample sentences
- Another approach is to evaluate patients when their symptoms and signs raise the index of suspicion of depression.
- The state of the love life in this sign is the index of overall happiness.
- The arm circumference of each child was measured as an index of nutritional status.
- Despite the fact there are house price and share indices aplenty, comparing the long-term performance of these two assets is not easy.
- For economic and monetary policy formulation, the price index represents a central indicator.
- Price indexes necessarily average out the extremes; they are unable to signal the more subtle price movements and they leave out relevant items such as asset prices.
- Current care provision is inadequate, at least according to dementia care index standards, and urgent action is required.
- Although mental development index scores decreased over time for both groups of infants, children prenatally exposed to cocaine had scores that decreased faster.
- ‘Diversity index scores are just a starting place for looking at diversity,’ Parker emphasizes.
- 3(plural indices)[Mathematics/Matemáticas] índice (masculine)Example sentences
- The thesis contains a proof of the fact that for any closed manifold the sum of the indices of a generic vector field is a topological invariant, namely the Euler characteristic.
- If we look at the indices of the Fibonacci numbers, we can directly predict which Fibonacci number will be the square of the hypotenuse.
- Step 3: Find the cobasic variable in the equation chosen in step 2 that has the smallest index and a positive coefficient.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Bonoloto is a Spanish state lottery established in 1988. The others are the Lotería Nacional and the Lotería Primitiva. As with the Lotería Primitiva six numbers are marked on a ticket showing forty-nine numbers and win the main prize if all the numbers come up in the draw.