Translation of indicate in Spanish:
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
- 1 1.1 (point out) [object/direction] señalar, indicar* to indicate sth
tosb señalarle algo aalgnExample sentences1.2 [Cars/Automovilismo] indicar*, señalizar* 1.3 (mark) (often passive/frecuentemente en voz pasiva) señalar is it indicated on the map? ¿está señalado en el mapa? 1.4 (register) [instrument/scale] indicar*
- Census figures released Friday indicate Indiana County's population has stayed virtually static at 89,605 residents.
- Figures indicate the EU expects Ireland to resume its position as the Union's fastest-growing economy.
- Figures released indicate a 2% increase in unemployment in the south east.
- Again the camera meter will indicate a shutter speed and an aperture to give you an 18% grey object.
- Estimates from tide gauges indicate that sea level has changed at the rate of 1.8 to 2.4 mm/yr over the last century.
- The junction box has two meters indicating the voltage and load capacity readings.
- 2 2.1 (show) [change/condition] ser* indicio or señal de there's nothing to indicate whether they approve or not no hay nada que indique si les parece bien o no 2.2 (state) señalarExample sentences
- The background, which I certainly was not aware of, has been indicated to me briefly.
- She briefly indicates the conflicting written evidence that an historian investigating this incident must consider.
- In the first two articles in this series I have briefly indicated some of the main currents of Nietzsche's thought.
- Nevertheless, he acknowledged the ‘market rebound’ as indicating a ‘growing’ consumer confidence here.
- I read the piece twice and tried to see the any sign that indicates such a victory for the insurgents but I failed in both trials.
- One source close to the meeting said the deal hasn't been signed yet and indicated a few more hurdles had to be overcome before there would be any white smoke.
- 3 (require) (usually passive/normalmente en voz pasiva) immediate surgery is indicated lo indicado es operar de inmediato a change in tactics is indicated, I feel creo que se impone un cambio de tácticaExample sentences
- An appropriate physical examination and necessary medically indicated investigation are clearly essential.
- Insulin therapy also is indicated in patients with contraindications to antidiabetic medications.
- The other part of the schedule lists immunizations indicated and contraindicated by medical conditions.
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
- (British English/inglés británico) [Cars/Automovilismo] indicar*, señalizar*, poner* el intermitente or (Colombia) (Mexico/México) las direccionales or (Chile) el señalizadorExample sentences
- So don't get mad when a driver does not indicate to go to the left lane; remember that he or she just might not be expert enough to disregard the Highway Code.
- Moments before the crash, a retired PC watched a blue car indicate then pull out ahead and overtake a horse box.
- If that driver was indicating properly, which I see no reason to assume he wasn't, then the motorcyclist should never have attempted to overtake.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Spain, a gestoría is an office that deals with government agencies on behalf of its clients. It is common practice to use a gestoría to avoid the problems of dealing with Spanish bureaucracy, despite the cost involved.